Initiating A Project
Work Breakdown Structures
Our office can help to map out all of the critical work elements (tasks) within your project in order to ensure that your project is a success.
Why is a WBS important?
- Key objectives of the project and the tasks required to complete those objectives are captured
- The relationships between different tasks are mapped
- By looking at task relationships, the project team can visualize the work that needs to be completed in order to complete an objective.
- Members of the project team can see how one task can affect the outcome of the entire project through task interdependency.
- A WBS can help a project manager predict certain outcomes within a project. By doing this, the project management team can prepare for events that may negatively affect the project and prepare for them.
The WBS helps the project team to:
- Allocate resources
- Budget accordingly
- Schedule major deliverables
- Develop a risk management plan
- Ensure quality assurance